PHOENIX -- It was the customer service disaster heard around the Internet.An Arizona restaurateur, fed up after years of negative online reviews and an embarrassing appearance on a reality television show, posted a social media rant laced with salty language and angry, uppercase letters that quickly went viral last week, to the delight of people who love a good Internet meltdown."I AM NOT ...
H-1B visas - to 115,000, from 110,000 in the bill, while keeping the maximum at 180,000 a year. More important, aides to Hatch said, his provision includes a mechanism based on conditions in the labor market, intended to ensure that companies based in the United States can bring qualified foreign workers when jobs are not filled by Americans, but decreases visas when Americans are available. His ...
Twitter is booming as a social media destination for teenagers who complain about too many adults and too much drama on Facebook, according to a new study published about online behavior. It said teens are sharing more personal information about themselves even as they try to protect their online reputations. Teens told researchers there were too many adults on Facebook and too much sharing of ...
iPad maker saving billions of dollars in US taxes through Irish subsidiaries and told lawmakers that his company backs corporate tax reform, even though it may end up paying more. The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations has found that Apple in 2012 alone avoided paying $9 billion in US taxes, using a strategy involving three offshore units with no discernible tax home, or ...
Microsoft revealed the Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment console, during a presentation Tuesday at its headquarters in Redmond, Washington. Don Mattrick, Microsoft's president of interactive entertainment business, called it an "all-in-one home entertainment system." He said the company has spent the past four years working on the next-generation Xbox. The console was ...
Les enfants terribles [DVD]
Les enfants terribles is fascinating primarily as an unexpected meeting of two brilliant, but vastly different minds: the iconic independent French filmmaker Jean-Pierre Melville, who is best known for his numerous crime films, including Bob le flambeur (1956), Le ... ...
By Tim KellyTOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp cut its sales targets for digital cameras, smartphones and tablets by 13-17 percent for the year to end-March 2015, but said there were "encouraging" signs of a revival in its electronics business.CEO Kazuo Hirai told a press briefing on Wednesday that Sony would assess a proposal from its biggest shareholder, billionaire Daniel Loeb's Third ...
Apple tax tactic that came in for denunciation at Senate subcommittee hearing was not particularly difficult to carry out, and it seems to have been something known to some tax experts - but not to many of those whose job it is to write tax laws. "What impresses me is the effortlessness of Apple's international planning," said Edward Kleinbard, a tax law professor at the ...
(Credit: TechRepublic) LAS VEGAS -- There are apps and settings to locate a lost or stolen smartphone, and to remotely wipe the contents, but those will only get you so far if you're phone's actually been nabbed. On Tuesday, LoJack makers Absolue Software announced the imminent release ...
The European maker of enterprise software would serve as a kind of middleman, analyzing data gathered by various wireless operators, selling results to marketers, and sharing the profits with the wireless ...
scandal , it's hard to see a second comeback for Phaneesh Murthy. Popularly known as the 'other Murthy' at Infosys, 48-year-old Phaneesh had a meteoric career at India's second largest IT services firm, donning many roles and credited with taking the Infosys brand global as the company's global sales head along with company founders N R Narayana Murthy and Nandan ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Asia BulletinAsia Bulletin | Latest Breaking News from Asia
With a major focus on the Asian continent, the Asia Bulletin is setting new standards of news reporting.
World renowned newspapers originate from several major countries, including the Straits Times in Singapore, the PeopleÃ¯Â¿Â½s Daily in China, and The Star in Malaysia.
Asia Bulletin however extends its reach across Asia. Bringing you breaking news in Shanghai and Beijing in China, Tokyo in Japan, Seoul in South Korea, Bangkok in Thailand, Jakarta in Indonesia, Taipei in Taiwan, Hanoi in Vietnam, Singapore, Brunei, Laos, Myanmar (formerly Burma), Macau, Pakistan, Nepal, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Bangladesh, and Mongolia.
Catch up with whatÃ¯Â¿Â½s happening in cities like Mumbai (sometimes known as Bombay), Calcutta, and Delhi in India, the former Russian states now making up Central Asia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. Follow events in North Korea, and the world reaction that follows.
Get hard news, opinions, and a dash of local sport, all combined with the latest world news coverage, business and markets reports and information.
A popular online newspaper, the Asia Bulletin in a one-stop mecca of local Asia regional news. Covering all the regions including the Asia-Pacific, Central Asia, and Southeast Asia.
Saudi Arabia has arrested 10 people on suspicion of espionage for Iran, the interior ministry announced Tuesday.
"Following an initial investigation, the security forces arrested 10 more suspects over involvement in the espionage acts for an Iranian espionage cell, reported Xinhua citing a spokesperson for the ministry.
The arrestees, comprising eight Saudis, a Lebanese and a Turk, are linked to the Iranian spy cell which was unveiled in March, the official added.
In March, Saudi Arabia announced 18 suspects -- 16 Saudis, a Lebanese and an Iranian -- were arrested on charges of receiving money from Iran to gather information on important sites in the gulf kingdom.
Later, the Lebanese suspect was released.
The fresh wave of arrests brings the number of those suspects detained in this case to 27, the official added. spokesperson said.
- Local search engine Just Dial IPO fully subscribed
- FM for plugging regulatory gaps in financial sector
- Indias LT Q4 net profit falls 6.9 lags forecast
- Tech Mahindra shares surge nearly 8 post Q4 results
- OVL net up 44 to Rs 3929 crore
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Search on for Indo-Canadian man missing in Australia
- CA considering social media policy after Warner Twitter rant
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- China may act againt EU wine imports
- Vice President Hamid Ansari leaves for a four-day official visit to Uzbekistan
- Azerbaijan is reliable US energy partner – envoy
- Azerbaijan probes reports on Spanish singer concert in Karabakh
- Its possible to see historical and modern Azerbaijan at Heydar Aliyev Centre
- The Republic Day of Azerbaijan marked in Houston - PHOTOS
- Ireland has no strategy to tackle Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal
- Chinese PM Li Keqiang arrives in Pakistan
- Pak all-rounder Hafeez says playing against India always special
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- Jimmy Shergill looking forward to work with Pakistan film industry
- Logitech intros classroom-friendly Wired Keyboard for iPad
- Extend trust of e-commerce to society as whole
- Analyst Google Fiber probably wont go national
- Chrome gets a touch faster
- Six challenges for integrated TV on the Xbox One
- Fergie Premier League manager of year
- US singer sues McDonalds over piece of glass in chicken sandwich
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Asia Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Saudi Arabia nabs 10 over spying for Iran
- Chinese PM pledges stronger partnership with Pakistan